Two sessions available for registration
Fridays at 12pm begin October 8th
Tuesdays at 4pm begin October 12th
*Both sessions are a 7 week series*
In-Person at ALTAR movement Studio
80 Web Street
Registration is required
Limited space, sign-up early
A movement experience for Women to gain Strength in a progressive way in a fun, energizing and inviting environment.
- Are you interested in getting stronger in your upper body, bum and core?
- Are you intimidated by the gym environment but want to learn how to build strength with weights and utilizing your own body weight?
- Are you curious about learning how to do a hang safely and/or do a pull-up?
- Do you need to work on your balance?
If so, STRENGTH CLUB is for YOU!
This is just the beginning. Let’s learn the basics of hanging, pulling, single leg squatting and functional breath and core movements together. Give yourself 7 weeks to improve your upper strength and balance. AND → learn the basics of how to functionally move your key core muscles (this is a skill you can take into all the other movements you do)
- How to Hang from a Bar and the benefits of including this in your regular movement routines
- The first progressions of learning how to do a pull up
- A variety of ways to strengthen your glutes
- What functional core strength and breathing is and how to incorporate into your life
What you will receive:
- 7 In-person classes at ALTAR
- Small Group Setting. Up to 7 Women per session
- One on One and Group Guidance
- Fun and Inviting Movement Environment
- HW movements for each week
- Stronger Arms, Bum, Back and Core
- Being a part of a community of Women committed to vitality and whole self health
- Skills to take with you for the rest of your life
Your guide: Heather
To savor the thrill of aliveness. This. This is what inspires Heather daily. To experience aliveness within and around her. And, she invites her students to join this exploration daily. She infuses the teaching of Tantra Yoga into how she lives her life and how she guides her students both on and off the mat. Her Yoga journey began at the age of 15. As an athlete, avid mover, and spiritually curious young woman she found herself in her first Yoga class. That first class left a powerful impression on her and the “yoga” seed was planted. The journey continues to unfold for Heather, she has travelled the world following her teachers as a dedicated student of the path of Raja and Tantra Yoga.
As the founder and owner of ALTAR movement studio, she loves the opportunity to gather community from near and far in order to facilitate experiences that help each person awaken to their own inner vitality. She weaves ritual, nature cycles, instinctive meditation philosophy, functional movement, biomechanics and yoga asana into her classes showing the truest reflection of her own experience of living out this path of intimacy with self and all of life. She loves nothing more than to open her heart, mind and soul to those curious souls who are willing to explore movement in all its various forms. Please see her website to learn more about how she serves those on the San Juan Islands and beyond: heatherbriann.com