|Like our last newsletter, I feel the call to invite you to take a breath before we continue. Soft Belly, Open Heart. Breath In. Breath Out. Now, do you feel a little lighter? It is amazing what 1 conscious breath can gift us. |
I was reminded this morning the power of movement and what a moving meditation can offer. I taught a strong practice that consisted of continuously moving our bodies throughout an hour of time. A beautiful symbolic reminder that life is movement. That life is constantly moving and renewing itself. When we are reminded of this through intentional and mindful movement of our bodies and movement of our breath, a sense of synergy takes place. A felt sense of union of all the parts of ourselves, dispersing of tension and an opportunity to arrive back to the day renewed and ready for the next action steps we must take.
All of us at ALTAR are taking action in big and little ways in this fight for justice and freedom for all. From listening to podcasts, having tough conversations and joining in a book club altogether, we are committed to be a part of the change we wish to see in the world. We acknowledge there are resources galore right now for all us white folks leaning into conversations about race and equality but, if you are interested in some amazing voices in the movement industry, please reach out to us. We are happy to share who we are following and what we are listening to.
Although ALTAR (the building) remains closed to in-person classes for at least the next few weeks, we are excited to have an opportunity to keep moving together in-person. If you have not caught on to the news yet, there is a beautiful orchard 2 miles outside of town where we are hosting classes.
Here is what you need to know for outside classes::
1) You must pre-register to receive class details.
2) Please sign-up no later than the night before morning classes or morning of for evening classes.
3) Please use our member app to sign-up. Download the app here. Or search “GloFox” in your app store and follow the prompts to find ALTAR in their list of studios.
4) Prepare to bring all you need for your practice. Mat, towel, water bottle, dress for the weather.
5) Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before class start time.
6) For now, you can use your existing monthly membership or class credits to attend these classes. Sliding options exist for both. Check out those options here.
7) Check your email a few hours before class for extended class information and any updates we have for you.
7) Help us spread the word through this FB event page.
Stay tuned for weekly updates on next steps with online and in-person classes. For now, we are excited to be in-person and outside with you all as often as the weather permits us to do so. (all other classes with still be live streaming via zoom.) Movement in the Orchard is a safe, beautiful way to connect with ourselves, each other and the elements.
See you soon.
With Gratitude and Love,
Heather and the ALTAR team